Steamed Pork Bun
A wheat flour dough is filled with a savoury treat then sealed shut and steamed until cooked. The filling is usually ground pork and egg, but it can also contain chicken, onions, mushrooms, and other vegetables. The dough is soft but a bit chewy and slightly sweet. Bánh Bao is eaten as a filling snack or part of a delicious lunch.
- Bánh bao cadé - sweet egg custard
- Bánh bao chay - vegetarian
- Bánh bao chỉ - sweet, mung bean and coconut
- Bánh bao chiên - fried
- Bánh bao đặc biệt - "specialty"
- Bánh bao lạp xưởng - chinese sausage
- Bánh bao nhân thịt - with meat
- Bánh bao nhân trứng - egg
- Bánh bao nhân xá xíu - cantonese roasted meat
Where To Find It:
- Ho Chi Minh City
- Street vendor - approximately 155 Bùi Viện
- Street vendor - Corner of Bến Nghé and Nguyễn Tri Phương